Saturday, April 30, 2011

Convention at Spier

So I thought I would finally get around to blogging about the scrapping convention at Spier three weeks ago. My mom and I went up and had a FABULOUS time! It was only one day this time, the two day one is in September - cant wait! We had two famous american teachers.


First up was Margie Romney-Aslett. We first did a double page layout using her absolutely stunning products. We used some new Ranger products which was pretty kewl. We used some of my new favourite products- doilies, crepe paper and tulle. Love it!

Then we did a beautiful single page layout. I've finished that one and its up in the shop. I will take a pic of it and post it next week for you all too see.

After that we made the most fabulously divine mini pennant album! So absolutely gorgeous! I havent finished that yet- surprise surprise, but I know exactly what pics im gonna use so hopefully i can do it this week.

Lunch time was absolutely fabulous - and im not just talking about the food:) Margie came and asked if she could come and sit with my mom and I. I was like "hell yeah" it was fabulous! She is such a down to earth person. No airs and graces. Just a simple beautiful girl. She really made my mom and I feel so proud. It was the best time ever, seeing as she is one of my idols. She is so super talented. I absolutely love everything she does! I must say there were quite a few jealous ladies at lunch that day:)

After lunch we had our Tim Holtz class. Now im not the biggest fan of his stuff - I love what he does, i just dont think i could do that everytime i scrap. We made an art journal. It was quite fun to do, but just super messy and I have a bit of ocd when it comes to dirty hands. I havent quite finished it but i will take some pics next week so ya'll can see.

All in all we had a fantastic time and I really cant wait for September when its the next convention:)
Lunch with Margie

Tim Holtz
Fun with Candice Greenway

Hope ya'll have a fabulous long weekend:)

Love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment