Thursday, July 7, 2011

Catching up time

Ok so im trying to finally do some catching up on my blog.
I have just had so much stuff going on in my  life recently that I really havent had a good chance to blog.

one of the most exciting things i did recently was go to Knysna to Ile de pain to do a bread making course.
shees it was hectic! the first day (sunday) we did theory the whole day. I know right.
Theory for a whole day? it was pretty intense, some of it went right over my head but I think i did pretty well with it. Its quite hectic to make "artisan" breads. I found out that temperature is super important.
they keep taking the temperature of the air, the flour and the dough. Who knew???
I certainly did not.
At the end of the first day we got to start making out own bread. We mixed everything in and had to fold it all a correct way by hand. it was quite fun but pretty messy.

on the monday all the hard work started. so much folding and kneeding and temperature taking. it was super fun though! i absolutely loved it! i really enjoyed physically making all the breads by hand.
here are some pics to make u all jealous.
getting down and dirty

Flouring away

into the fire

yum yum

Hope u like my little foray into bread making:)
love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment